TDAG uses its membership’s broad knowledge base to develop best practice guides. The links below will allow you to download:
- Trees in Hard Landscapes: A Guide for Delivery (2014) explores the practical challenges and solutions to integrating trees in 21st century streets, civic spaces and surface car parks, detailing process, design and technical options.
- Trees in the Townscape: A Guide for Decision Makers (2012) 12 principles of best practice for all those involved in local decision making to ensure that our 21st century towns and cities are underpinned by a 21st century approach to urban trees, for maximum economic, social and environmental returns
- The Canopy (2011) A concise guide for designers, developers and planners on benefits and available solutions for incorporating trees into dense urban environments
- No Trees, No Future (2010) An introduction on the role of trees and key best practices to ensure new developments make the most of the financial, social and environmental value trees can contribute to places
- If you have trouble with the links in these documents, it may be your security settings, so please cut and paste the weblinks into your browser
- If you have trouble downloading these documents, it also may be your security settings, so please contact TDAG and we'll be happy to email you a pdf
TDAG actively responds to consultations on draft policy documents, guidance and standards which impact upon trees in the built environment.
Below are the group's responses to:
- Draft National Planning Policy Framework
- Representation to the Independent Panel on Forestry
- The DEFRA consultation on the implementation of sustainable drainage systems provisions in schedule 3 flood and water management act 2010 (Mar 2012)
- The Raynsford Planning Review (Oct. 2017)
- The Greater London Authority's Draft Environment Strategy (Nov. 2017)
|File Size:||135 kb|
Other TDAG documents
- Call for submissions as part of the TDAG Consultation on Trees and Developments (submissions to be returned by 5 June 2015)
- The December 2014 article summarising the ideas explored through discussions and debates during the Arboricultural Association autumn 2014 CPD seminars on Trees in Hard Landscapes: a Guide for Delivery and BS8545:2014 Trees: from nursery to independence in the landscape.
- A template Motion to Endorse the 12 Trees in the Townscape principles and build a new generation of local decision-makers that take a 21st century approach to urban trees
- The press release following the launch of Trees in the Townscape on June 26, 2012.
- Trees can make a space. In 2010, TDAG member Martin Gammie was awarded a scholarship by CABE Space to visit areas of good practice around the world to gather information on how to design townscapes which integrate trees. This report captures Martin's findings.
- Ten-Point Action Plan. Drafted in 2010, this document captures the how TDAG defined its top priorities for the years ahead
|File Size:||41 kb|
|File Size:||164 kb|